So 50 billion apps downloaded on the iTunes store has come and gone, and I have nothing to show for it (except for a bunch of fun learning and some excitement for the next time).
Things that happened:
- We made a prediction in class to within 15 min of the actual stopping time.
Reasons Why I’m Excited For The Next Countdown In The App or Music Store:
- Find a function to model the app download rate.
- Algebra/Geometry/Pre-Calculus: Find the rate using the slope secant lines for two data points. Use the data to make a guess for when the store will hit #next# billion.
- Calculus: use Riemann sums and definite integrals to approximate the number of apps downloaded in a day, a week, a month, a year. Use the actual app download data for one day to see how find the accuracy of the area underneath the curve.
- Can you help me out? Am I missing anything? (answer: yup)